The Chevening Scholarships are a UK government’s global scholarship programme, sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme targets outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the globe to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
The scholarship covers Masters at any UK University
Field(s) of study:
Masters in any field at any UK University
Deadline:8th November 2016
Course start date : Sept/Oct 2017
Number of Awards:
Approximately 1500 Chevening scholarships recipients each year from all over the world.
The Chevening Scholarship generally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Person specifications include:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
• Have at least two years’ work experience
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Applications for AY 2017-2018 open from August 2016 – November 2016.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 8 November 2016 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
It is important to visit the official website and the country specific page for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/
Link for Kenyan Applicants :http://www.chevening.org/kenya